Dołączył: 13 Maj 2011
Przeczytał: 0 tematów
|Wysłany: Pią 6:00, 20 Maj 2011
Managing Panic Attacks - 8 Useful Guidelines
By: Mikael Assimov
Panic attacks are fairly common and can be unavoidable for those of you who suffer from various forms of anxiety. When a panic attack begins, it can be tricky to manage it, because the attack itself makes you panic even more and then it can get worse. Luckily, there are some useful tips I have that will help you with managing panic attacks.
1. As easy as it is to keep panicking during an attack, just keep reminding yourself over and over again that the attack is not dangerous. Your body's reactions are nothing more than normal, so just keep in mind that you're not having a heart attack or anything like that. Know that you're going to be okay.
2. Distract yourself. It's good to talk to someone or concentrate on something else. The less you can think about the attack itself, the quicker you'll calm down. Managing panic attacks in this way does take a bit of willpower and practice, but sometimes you can even calm yourself down on the first time you have one.
3. A common practice is to actually breathe in and out of a paper bag,[link widoczny dla zalogowanych], as this will return your oxygen levels back to normal and help you calm right down. Even though it may feel like you have difficulty breathing, you are actually hyperventilating. Breathing in a paper bag helps your oxygen level go back to normal. This is one of the most common ways for dealing with panic attacks, but the other tips are useful too, and of course not everybody has a paper bag handy at all times.
4. Avoiding unnecessary stressful situations is good for managing panic attacks. If you're in a stressful situation while having a panic attack, it's important to stop what you're doing.
5. Tell your friends,[link widoczny dla zalogowanych], family and perhaps even work colleagues that you suffer from panic attacks, if you do. That way, when an attack happens, the people around you will know what is happening and they can help you to relax and calm down, as well as take your mind off of it.
6. It's suggested that listening to music is a pretty effective way of helping your attack to subside. It'll be particularly helpful if you carry around an MP3 player.
7. Managing panic attacks isn't just about dealing with them while they're actually taking place. There are things you can do to lessen your attacks. Doing daily exercises and staying in shape is really helpful, as it will result in a healthy body and healthy mind. It's a great way to work off stress,[link widoczny dla zalogowanych], lessening the chance of it building up and causing an attack.
8. Bottled up emotions are common factors in the causes of panic attacks. It's important to let your emotions out by talking to a close friend or family member. If you're having some troubles in your life that are making you angry or depressed,[link widoczny dla zalogowanych], talking to a professional may help you in releasing those negative emotions and in managing panic attacks.
Everyone can learn how to manage panic attacks. By following the previous tips, you can alleviate the problem and eventually you will be able to cope with the issue with ease.
Home | Health
Post został pochwalony 0 razy